A number of LED chips can be used to make LED strip lighting. The sizes of the chips are indicated by numerals like 3528 and 5050. The sizes shown above are the older style strips that have been popular for a few years. There are now LED chips with sizes of 2835, 3014, 5630, and 3020 on the market that is even smaller and more efficient. When used correctly, each provides advantages. There is no “one” chip that can rule them all.
What is 3528 LED
The chip’s dimensions are 3.5mm * 2.8mm, hence the name SMD3528. These single-LED LED chips are brilliant, although not as bright as the 5050 when compared side by side. When used in larger quantities, however, it can be brighter than a comparable strip of 5050s.
SMD 3528 chips are the most widely used LED light strip chips. They’re the least brilliant and power-hungry of the three chips MSHLights uses.
These lights are ideal for TV backlighting, color splashing walls, crown molding and picture accent lighting, under tables and cabinets, bars, and so on.
3528 LEDs are the most cost-effective, although they are not as bright as a 5050 chip when compared individually; however, when 600 of them are on a reel, they can be brighter than a 5050 strip.
If both competing strips use the same chips, look at how many LEDs are on the strip and look for lumen output to determine brightness when comparing LED strip lighting between companies.
Pay attention to the number of LEDs per foot or meter. When looking for a bright LED strip light, compare apples to apples because not all LED strips are created equal.
SMD 3528 LED Strip light
You won’t have to wonder why the 3528 LED strip lights are so popular. Because of their features, the lights are well-known in the market. Specifications for 3528 SMD LEDs include:
- Installation is simple:
The 3528 LED strip lights are simple to install because they feature an adhesive on the backside to stick to the wall or other surfaces. The lights may be installed rapidly without the assistance of a professional.
- Dimmable lights: picture being able to dim your lights whenever you want? Yes, the LED 3528 may be dimmed to the lowest setting and brightened to the highest setting. The lights have remote controls for control. Due to its small size, roughly 120 LEDs may be packed into every meter.
- Strong construction: The LED 3528 SMD is made up of important components that provide long-term conductivity. The double-layer pure copper provides excellent conductivity. This characteristic also aids in voltage drop prevention.
- Even distribution: the strip lights’ angles help to ensure that light is distributed evenly across your room.
3528 SMD is available in a variety of colors. A red light, 3528 warm white LED strip, green LED light, and more options are available.
Effectiveness: The lights are guaranteed to work for a long time. They provide a 5-year warranty when you purchase the lights. It implies that the corporation is confident in its products.
Items of SMD3528 LED Strip Light
There are a variety of lighting fixtures available, and certain LED strip light manufacturers are aware of this requirement. The following are some of the LED strip lights we provide.
- 3528 SMD 60 LEDs/m: Each meter of the strip has 60 LEDs. It uses 4.8 watts per meter and has an 8mm PCB with a 12V DC voltage need. Because it is a single-row LED, it takes up less space and is suitable for lighting small spaces. The LED light strip comes in a variety of colors.
- 3528 SMD 120 LEDs/m: This light contains 120 LEDs per meter of strip but the same width as the 60 one. Because the strip is brilliant but narrow, it fits even in small spaces, it is an excellent feature for any lighting fixture. It is the most popular among other 3528 SMD lights because of this property. It consumes 9.6 watts per meter and comes in a variety of colors.
- 240 LEDs/m 3528 SMD Single Row: A single row of 240 LEDs is installed per meter of strip in this style. It brightens the lights and can be used in a variety of settings. The strip is 10mm wide and uses 19.2 watts per meter of electricity. It comes in a variety of hues.
- 3528 SMD 240 LEDs/m Double row: the double row 240 lights have 240 LEDs per meter of the strip. Unlike the single row, the LEDs are mounted in a double row with a width of 15mm. This type of light is best for places that need very bright lights. They also consume 19.2 watts per meter and are available in several colors.
3528 vs. 5050 vs. 5630
Chip Surface Area
3.5 mm x 2.8 mm
20-30 mA @ 2.8-3.4 Volts
5.0 mm x 5.0 mm
60 mA @ 2.8-3.4 Volts
5.6 mm x 3.0 mm
150 mA @ 2.8-3.4 Volts
The amount of light emitted per second is measured in lumens.
This is the power consumption per LED. Most LED strips, including the ones we sell, combine LEDs into threes to achieve a 12V operating voltage.
A semiconductor device with two terminals is referred to as a diode or chip. When it comes to electrical boards in general, the phrase is fairly arbitrary, but we’re using it here to refer to LED chips built for surface mounting.
Is the brightness of 5630 LEDs superior to 5050 and 3528 LEDs? What is the most powerful LED?
Yes, 5630 LEDs are by far the brightest, as seen in the table above, but this is not owing to a bigger illuminating surface. Other factors influence the output (measured in luminous flux/lumens) of an LED diode. The explanations have to do with the chip’s architecture and the amount of power it consumes.
In plain terms, the 5630 is the brightest light, however, it uses a lot of energy in comparison to the others. The 3528 is more favorable since it saves money and energy because its LED wattage is lower than the rest. When it comes to SMD 3528 vs. 5050 RGB LED strip lights, the 5050 RGB LED strip light is the better option. Because of its appropriate qualities, the LED 3528 SMD is preferred in many circumstances.
3528 LED Strip Lights Instrctions
- Step1:Connect the power supply to your receiver box.
- Step 2: When connecting the LED Strip to the Receiver Box, make sure the arrows are parallel.
- Step 3: Now you can test the remote for functionality.
- Step 4: Arrange the strip in the desired location and remove the backing paper to adhere the strip to the surface.
Should I go with the 5050, 3528, 5030, or a size I've never heard of?
The size of the chip and the number of chips required are determined by the intended use of the LED strips. We can assist you in designing your project and selecting the appropriate strip and chip for free!
We suggest taking a look at your project and asking some key questions.
Decide what you want/need the lighting for first.
Check out our Buying Guide.
What exactly is the plan? Do you need accent lighting, primary task lighting, color-changing lighting, illumination for a show case, outdoor lighting, and so on?
Is it possible to dim the light?
Which color would you prefer?
Do you need a particularly high CRI?
What level of brightness is required?
Do you require it to be waterproofed?
Please consider and compare the following while selecting LEDs:
Examine the number of LEDs on the reel or per foot, as well as the LED strip light’s overall lumen (brightness).
Keep the CRI (Color Rendering Index) in mind – Our CRI values range from 80 to 95.
What is the wattage of the strip?
Is the safety listed by UL or ETL?
Can they be dimmed?
To dissipate the heat, how much copper do they use in their PCB? (We use 2-4 ounces)
What are the LED chips used?
What is the binning method for LEDs? (Will you get the same hue every time you order?) *If the source does not provide this information, please be wary of purchasing.
For LED lighting, the LED 3528 SMD is a solid option. Self-adhesive back with adhesive tape makes the application simple and secure. The flexible ribbon allows you to bend or angle around bends for a flawless installation. Its applications aren’t limited to the home and office. It’s appropriate for use in pubs, restaurants, and even gatherings. MSH creates the most adaptable LED strip lights that will turn your environment into a fantasy realm. We get to know each of our customers and tailor items to their specific requirements. What better way to begin your LED adventure than with a 3528 SMD LED? That is a decision you will never regret. For more details on LED strip lights, please contact us right away.